Why Choose Us
iBuildMacs mission is to provide clients with superior service, high quality products, and knowledge you can trust. We are passionate about our industry; this is why we strive to go above and beyond our customers' expectations. We believe support is key and no idea is too big for us to conquer.
All staff of iBuildMacs are veterans in the IT industry.
- Throughout the years, we have spoken with thousands of audio/photo/video professionals. We understand the important factors with software and hardware compatibility and what hardware is ideal for popular professional applications.
- Because of our creativity in introducing new configurations and components for the Mac Pro, we undergo the trial and error process, which renders expertise of the Mac Pro.
Research and Innovation
We focus 100% of development to Mac Pros.
- We have spent countless hours reading blogs/forums/articles about the hardware requirements and recommendations for applications such as Pro Tools, Premiere, and DaVinci Resolve.
- We stay up-to-date on MacRumors forum reading about components and hardware compatibility.
- We experiment on Mac Pro's to offer new configuration and upgrade options.
The research, experiments, and testing of iBuildMacs leads to new configuration and component options for the Mac Pro, which ultimately benefits your productivity.
iBuildMacs provides recommendations aimed toward your target use of the Mac Pro, which are based on experience, research, and knowledge – while keeping your budget in mind.
iBuildMacs delivers quality products with exemplary customer service at a competitive price.
Chassis History (Prior Use)
iBuildMacs has consistent corporate vendors with which we have a steady and positive relationship. Our vendors include government organizations, professional audio/video studios, and off-lease facilities.
Tower Model 5,1: Apple no longer produces the 2006-2012 models. Thus, it is not possible to locate new towers. 2010/2012 Mac Pro Towers are pre-owned from the vendors listed above, and inspected/diagnosed.
Cylinder Model 6,1: Apple no longer produces the 2013-2019 models. Thus, it is not possible to locate new cylinders. Cylinders are pre-owned from the vendors listed above, and inspected/diagnosed.
Since iBuildMacs purchases from larger corporations and facilities in bulk, we receive them via pallet shipment. This results in safe arrival of Mac Pros from the source to our facility.
Tower Model 7,1: Apple recently released the 2019 model. Thus, it is only available in new condition. 2019 Mac Pro Towers are in new condition purchased from authorized Apple distribution.
Components Installed (in tower model 5,1)
- Solid-state Drives
- Hard Drives
- Expansion cards (ex USB 3.0, eSATA)
- Graphics Cards
Processors and memory: new components are not available, since Intel and other manufacturers have discontinued these models. We acquire the best condition components from professional IT facilities. These components are put through rigorous stress tests to confirm long-term stability.
Components Installed (in cylinder model 6,1 and tower model 7,1)
Returns and Warranty
Our Mac Pros come with a 14-day return period. New Mac Pros come with a 1 year warranty. Refurbished Mac Pros come with a 90 day warranty. You can be comfortable with your purchase knowing that if, in the rare case something happens, we will take care of it. Even after the warranty period, we will be here to assist you.
Mac Pros arriving at iBuildMacs
Once a pallet arrives at iBuildMacs, each unit is thoroughly inspected for damage. Damaged units are returned or sold to our competitors. Units that pass physical inspection are opened, all critical components removed, and then blown with pressured air, via a device designed for electronics maintenance. We frequently receive compliments on the cleanliness of the inside of our Mac Pros.
Once our Mac Pros are cleaned, they’re stacked carefully, with padding in-between, inside our nonsmoking and temperature controlled location.
Once Your Order is Placed
We check orders frequently during our business hours. If a component is not in stock, we will let you know.
Our Mac Pro’s are prepared using the highest rated brand and model components. For example, we use the Samsung EVO 860 series SSD, which has the best reputation and performance on the market.
Testing of your Mac Pro includes:
- One hour of power-on activity with our test drive performing sporadic tasks to ensure there is no abnormal behavior.
- One hour of power on activity with your drive while installing the operating system.
- A CPU stress test.
Mac Pro en Route to You
iBuildMacs ships Mac Pro's in a double wall box (5 layers) with custom manufactured foam molding that surrounds the handle, legs, and every corner of your Mac Pro. This ensures safe delivery of your Mac Pro.
iBuildMacs was founded in 2012 by Jon Soliemon with the purpose of:
- offering professionals the ability to completely customize the Apple Mac Pro workstation optimized for their industry applications, and bringing life back to the resilient and high-performance Mac Pro and configuration tool.
- satisfying a growing need for a higher level of quality, service, and customer satisfaction demanded in the pro Mac industry. This means you will not be passed off to long hold times or forced to wait until Monday during a weekend emergency.
iBuildMacs is a cutting edge company focused on providing a large array of Mac workstations for video/audio/photo editing and enterprise solutions. Unlike competitors who use iBuildMacs as a slate for ideas, iBuildMacs focuses on originality, superiority, and innovation, which has allowed us to rise to the #1 most reputable and large-scale Mac Pro specialist nationally. iBuildMacs currently configures an average of 1,000 Mac Pro’s annually to corporations, organizations, creative professionals, and studios.